Advice

This forum is open to anyone. Feel free to browse but if you want to join in the chat please register. Please create a new topic to say hello and introduce yourself.

Advice

Postby Ped » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Hello,
I have decided to try coarse fishing having been bait fisihng for trout over the years. Just bought a 12FT maver feeder rod, would this be fine for Magiscroft or should I try a smaller one. Any advice welcome.
Ped
1oz Gudgeon
1oz Gudgeon

Re: Advice

Postby meppsfortrout » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:34 pm

that will be just fine to get u started mate and wait till u see the fight u get off a carp at this time of year compared to a trout lol. fish the margins for the bigger fish. ask for more advice when ur there and also the shop has just about any tackle/bait u might need for feeder fishing at magiscroft. tight lines!!
meppsfortrout
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby Ped » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks was thinking of heading up sometime this week.
Ped
1oz Gudgeon
1oz Gudgeon

Postby Jambrown » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Hey Ped,

I have had the good fortune to have had advice passed on to me, so here is some that I have had.

If on the pole, fish shallow and tight to the margins. Plumb it well, and fish on the bottom or just off. Shot directly under the float and what ever bait you use constantly feed 1 or 2 bits every 10 seconds or so. No reall need for ground bait unless the place is packed.

The float is ht esame as the pole, start deeper and out and pull back to the rod and shallow up till the bites come.

If on the bottom using a feeder, fish tight to a margin, or the far bank where possible (all but main lock) and method, maggot or open ended feeder have all worked for me, using maggot, corn or pellets. Everything seems to work on the right days.

I have mainly fished the Island pond and had great fish, I love it.

tight lines.
Jambrown
1lb Bream
1lb Bream

Return to Welcome to the Forum - Please Introduce Yourself