Result - CIPS Rules League 1 - 13th Jan 08 - Island Pond

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result - CIPS Rules League 1 - 13th Jan 08 - Island Pond

Postby GG » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:45 pm

A frozen Main Loch meant that the first in the 3 match series had to be switched to the Island Pond. The 20 competitors were not deterred though led by Bobby who had a good catch of Carp with 2 Barbel and some Chub for a clear win.
The rules specify no Carp baits, like pellets, corn or fishmeal, and carp over 1lb only count as 1lb. On the Island Pond though, Carp were always likely to be important and Bobby still managed enough on maggot at 11m and 14m on peg 7. He would normally have weighed around 30lb (instead of 15lb 14oz) including 1 Carp of 7lb!

On the other side of the water the two Colins battled it out for 2nd place on pegs 22 & 23 with great catches of silver fish. Colin Mc fished pinkie over joker for 152 Roach to pip Colin H who went for a bigger stamp and included some quality Roach by feeding more chopped worm and caster.

Full Results and League Table http://www.magiscroft.com/results/cips2007/cips2008.htm

1st Bobby Marshall 15lb 14oz (7.200kg)
2nd Colin McKerrell 10lb 13½oz (4.920kg)
3rd Colin Hart 9lb 11oz (4.400kg)
4th Jim Brown 8lb 3½oz (3.730kg)
5th Simon Murray 7lb 14½oz (3.590kg)

ImageBobby
ImageColin McK
ImageColin H
ImageTommy L
ImageColin McK

GG
GG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Result - CIPS Rules League 1 - 13th Jan 08 - Island Pond

Postby Doc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:51 pm

Del-Boy, does this mean what i think it means :doh!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some are more equal than others ....
Doc
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tommy L » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Sunday the 13th January and the SIPS series got underway on The Island Pond at Magiscroft.
Being a fishing novice I have no earthly idea what SIPS stands for but after today I reckon Scuppers Internationals and Potential Stars would probably be an apt description.

They say practice makes perfect, those who turned up for the practice match Saturday would have had a distinct advantage today had they caught a fish Saturday, that didn't happen so 4hours 30 minutes after the 'All in' would be the answer to the question posed practice makes perfect.

I started of the day with my new format to overcome the poor draw strategy by over sleeping in order to make sure I wasn't in the Cafe when the draw takes place making sure that I wouldn't be tempted to draw. Don't know why I bothered as for 3 sweeps out of the last 4 on the Island I picked the number six 16 metre back breaking peg. As todays competition was limited to 14.5 metres at least that stopped me rushing over to the Island to fish.

As I turned into the carpark I saw a rare sight, the barrow boys van was parked in a proper parking bay, there was a first I thought every angler would be happy and nobody would be blocked in. Not true, the wee man had parked his van so close to Councilor Jones car that Jim couldn't open his door to collect his waterproofs.

The Councilor was quick to get his own back as he was first to catch on the day. Jim first to catch in a Sweep, no way, don't be silly, last week he was 4 hours 15 minutes into the sweep on his birthday, at that stage blanking when he whipped out his old faithful feeder rod with the sweetcorn producing a large smile on his face as the tip wrapped round as the Councilor busrt into a chorus of "Happy Birthday to me." Council workers always have to get settled into their surroundings,cup of tea, have a nap and a read at the paper before they ever start doing anything.

Del-Boy having arrived early was doing what Del-Boy always does, he spent his extra time holding court within the Cafe telling stories. This week his story was ' The famous Seven ' those of you who think our Del has has another side to him think again as he was again flogging to death how he took 20 Roach for 7 oz the other week. The guys who have heard that story a hundred times all skipped off to buy their Blood worm and Frank Carson. As Derek finished telling Jackie about The famous seven looked up and said I'd better go and buy my Bloodworm.

Quick as a flash The Councilor cast his line baited with " It's all done Derek, sold out. " Mines is on order said the barrow boy pointing to the list on the noticeboard. " That's last weeks list " was Jim's reply. Del came out with a few sentences that contained the words Ronnie, Nigel's, best customer, go elsewhere, Barra's, Four years, all put together with a few of the Wee mans common adjectives very common. "Hook line and sinker" was the words that Jim used to bring Del back down from the ceiling.

Twenty one anglers took part today and as everyone settled down into their pegs the collecting bowl came round. No it wasn't a charity match it was Magiscroft's own street brawler Kevin Balboa walking about begging for some bloodworm from every angler. He sported his latest trophy which was shining for all to see a big black eye. One look at the guy and I handed over my donation as he stood there looking mean. I asked where he got the black eye and he replied "Silver" at that point I had second thoughts re fishing for the bit's. Over a years Carp Fishing experience and never a black eye.

As is the norm I had the best peg in the Loch as far as spectating goes.I had wee Bobby who stood a mile tall as he launched his campaign on the Carp, Ide and even two Barbel. The wee man had loads of tricks up his sleeve when it came to fighting fish. After a 15 minute battle with a 7 / 8 lb Ghostie for a counting weight of 1 lb he realised that he had to devise other methods to keep his bait in the water. His method for Barbel on a light elastic was brilliant. Don't try this if your not a very experienced angler. Bobbys trick was the minute he hooked in was a quick twist of the pole that brings the end of your elastic round your pole cup preventing the elastic from stretching and then ship right back in as quick as he could. Barbel from far bank to net in 10 seconds. Catch of the day by irregular means never, it's Magiscroft where everything happens.

Catch of the day went to the Coach Gary. Catch a fish with no bait on the hook, commonplace happens every other week. Gary's trick today was to catch two fish at the same time on a single hook. How did he do that I hear you ask. Hey it's Gary, we will never know unless you are recruited for his all singing dancing Airdrieonians fishing team.

As I said at the start there was a 14.5 metre limit today and I had some trouble getting anywhere near the far bank. I was getting close to the bank round about the 2 hour mark when the Island moved away from me a further metre. How this actualy happened to us on the low number side of the island will never know. GG is putting it about that it was the barrow boy hooking the island and the barrow boy is saying vice-versa.

Now back to practice makes perfect. The practice session that didn't work too well placed extra stress on all four anglers who ventured out on Saturday namely GG, The Golden Child, Rocky and myself. None of us wanted the stigma of Blankety Blank. Well done Rocky you put the borrowed Bloodworm to good use. BTW did you use the one I gave you, if not could you keep it for me and bring it next week thanks. Also a big well done to myself for having abandoned the bloodworm and reverting to pinkie. A master stroke that had me catching soon thereafter. Not a tactical manouvre it was the fact that I couldn't see to hook the little blighters.

Blankety Blank, Blankty Blank,

All done in the best possible taste please don't take a fence.As Ronnie wouldn't like that. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Doc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:38 pm

Brilliant Tommy :lol: :lol: :lol: And if im not mistaken i recognise the athlete under the red hat .... if fishing is a sport you are an athlete ;) Does that mean you took my advice and had a quid on with 48 for a pound Del-Boy :?: :D

Anyway, a tip for next week, dont upset "The Coach" .... as ive begged him to be our coach ;)
Some are more equal than others ....
Doc
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tommy L » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:00 pm

A big thankyou to George for taking time out of his practice session Saturday to learn me the art of fishing chemistry. I learned a lot in the session that I didn't know about mixes and carriers etc. What people forget is that people like myself just don't know the simple basics and struggle along making do with what I think is right.

I have loads to learn and just listening to George and Davy talking during my lesson I picked up loads of learning points. Rigs and sizes of floats will be on the agenda next Saturday.

Again thanks to George and everyone who has helped over the past year. ;)
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Del-boy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:25 pm

No wonder you've such a high rank as one of Strathclyde's finest Tommy. What a brown-noser. Get right into him, you beat him on Sunday and he blanked on Saturday. Give him it tight. Are you eyeing up a cushy retirement job as a permit checker at Magiscroft Tommy? :D :D :D

Del-boy
Del-boy
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby chart » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:43 pm

he got a hammerin doc :P :P :P
magi till a die.
chart
3lb F1
3lb F1

Postby Tommy L » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:26 am

Del-boy wrote:No wonder you've such a high rank as one of Strathclyde's finest Tommy. What a brown-noser. Get right into him, you beat him on Sunday and he blanked on Saturday. Give him it tight. Are you eyeing up a cushy retirement job as a permit checker at Magiscroft Tommy? :D :D :D

Del-boy

Ode to the Blanking Pair

All week long it's in their minds
Every hour their brain reminds
Of those two outings last weekend
Where two long days they both did spend

Both great anglers on their day
Not one fish did either play
Saturday Sunday what a shock
While other anglers they all caught

Bloodworm Joker they prepared
Will win the match they both declared
Saturday practice both hearts fell
Not one fish, the day from hell

They put it down to water cold
As each other they consoled
Sunday is another day
To catch a fish both did pray

Sunday came and Sunday passed
Both our anglers came in last
Now two blanks they had in row
Confidence was struck real blow

This Saturday their under pressure
That days fishing won't be leisure
Three blanks in row I must concede
Would set both anglers aff their heid

Surely fate if was to happen
Imagine Sunday they'll be flapping
Four in row would be to much
Would the pair have lost their touch

Sunday night will see their fate
Could it be another eight
How the mighty would have fallen
Would Mr Paton he be calling

I hope I'm drawn within their section
Could be my fishing reserection
Hump them both when they are poor
Realy add to their torture

To Golden Child and George I say
If I were you to God I'd pray
Just one roach is all we need
Please Lord let the fishes feed
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby GG » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Thanks Tommy :oops: Awesome, just Awesome :D

PS. No offence taken ....... you cheeky ************* ;)
GG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SilverFish » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:32 pm

hi tommyl

brilliant, loved it, very funny! :D :D :D
SilverFish
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Return to Magiscroft Match Results