Wednesday Open 11th October 2017 (Island)

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Wednesday Open 11th October 2017 (Island)

Postby Tommy L » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:42 pm

1st.jpg

Winner..Tommy Lauriston..Peg 12..!5Lbs-3ozs

2nd.jpg

2nd....Geoff Lowe..Peg 4..10Lbs-0oz

3rd.jpg

3rd....Andy Potts..Peg 6..7Lbs-8ozs

Weigh Sheet:

Peg..Angler........................................Wt Lbs-ozs
04..Geoff Lowe........................................10-0
06..Andy Potts.........................................7-8
08..Bryan Hewitt......................................DNW
10..Dougie Campbell.................................4-0
12..Tommy Lauriston................................15-3

Match Report:

Only 5 anglers turned out to fish today on a day when you opened your curtains the rain was lashing down. It was really a stay in bed day if truth be told. The weather forecast said it would dry up late morning. The Golden Peg was selected by Andy Potts and it was peg number 12. Now I have not been drawing well recently so I looked at the opposition who were all unlucky at the draw bag so I said that as your all unlucky I will let you draw and you can leave me Golden Peg 12. As requested they did.

The rain had stopped at draw time so we could set up in the dry and expect a few showers prior to Midday. The man above does not adhere to any scripts. We had it dry most of the morning then at 3pm going into the final hour and the best part of the day fishing wise the Heavens opened and the heaviest shower of the year to date crashed down on us. The wind had dropped so the cloud was moving slowly and just when we were hoping it was going to stop Hailstones began to rattle down for 5mins solid. at 3-15pm the rain stopped as fast as it started and the sun came out and in my case was hitting off the water and right into my eyes making fishing very difficult. Not that it mattered much as the rain had put the fish of feeding.

The match itself it was Geoff Lowe on end peg 4 that got the good start with a 3Lb Tench in his net and a 8oz Perch in the first hour. At that time Andy Potts had lost a big carp and I had 3 small carp for 1Lb 4ozs . I had been fishing across up the shelf and decided to fish deeper and went down to 30inches deep. I then started to catch small carp. Had a bonus 2Lb+ carp and soldierd on. I had a Chub a Barbel a Bream and 3 skimmers. I was fishing pellet feed a few micros as I did all day and just went for the small stockies.

Geoff and Andy both had 3 bream all in the 1.5Lb to 3Lb range. They also had some better sized carp. At the weigh in it was Tommy on his End Peg 12 and Golden Peg that scooped the match and GP monies with a catch of 15Lbs-3ozs. Geoff second with 10Lbs and Andy 3rd with 7Lbs-8ozs.

Well done to all the framers and everyone who fished on the day.

Tommy Lauriston.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Return to Magiscroft Match Results