Sweepstake Wednesday 8th Nov

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Sweepstake Wednesday 8th Nov

Postby Geoff Lowe » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:23 pm

What a day!. Started cold and bright and finished very wintery indeed.
We knew the fishing was going to be hard so the four of us who turned out for the Top Pond midweeker decided to fish pegs 9,11,13 and 15 as these were the pegs that had produced in previous matches.
Right from the off we were all scratching around for bites, or at least indications that there were fish about and wanting to feed.
It was only Geoff Lowe who found some fish in the grass to his right from peg 11, everybody else really struggled.
Geoff finished with 12 carp, Douglas one roach while Bryan and Dougie didn't get a bite all day! oh the joys of winter fishing!

Geoff Lowe Peg 11 11lb-04oz
Douglas Phillips Peg 9 0lb-02oz
Bryan Hewitt Peg 13 DNW
Dougie Campbell Peg 15 DNW
Got the will - ain't got the skill
Geoff Lowe
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Sweepstake Wednesday 8th Nov

Postby Daddy Cool » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:59 pm

Well done Geoff. As you say Geoff typical winter fishing..... All I can say about my day is im glad im not a brass monkey
Daddy Cool
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby Tommy L » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Just shows you that when the 4 unluckiest anglers at the draw bag draw unchallenged one get to be lucky. The weather forecast was so much better than what we got today. I will be back next Wednesday so do you force me to draw Geoff or do you allow me to take last peg. & days to produce a strategy. :bleh :bleh :bleh Well done on your victory Geoff.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Geoff Lowe » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Tommy L wrote:Just shows you that when the 4 unluckiest anglers at the draw bag draw unchallenged one get to be lucky. The weather forecast was so much better than what we got today. I will be back next Wednesday so do you force me to draw Geoff or do you allow me to take last peg. & days to produce a strategy. :bleh :bleh :bleh Well done on your victory Geoff.

Might just have to get one of the " Four Unlucky Men" to draw for you Tommy!
Got the will - ain't got the skill
Geoff Lowe
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tommy L » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Geoff Lowe wrote:
Tommy L wrote:Just shows you that when the 4 unluckiest anglers at the draw bag draw unchallenged one get to be lucky. The weather forecast was so much better than what we got today. I will be back next Wednesday so do you force me to draw Geoff or do you allow me to take last peg. & days to produce a strategy. :bleh :bleh :bleh Well done on your victory Geoff.

Might just have to get one of the " Four Unlucky Men" to draw for you Tommy!

I would be happy with that Geoff.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby DougieC » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:44 am

V cold windy day...Water ice cold...Tough Fishing conditions came close to packing up not even a line bite on pole and my favourite feeder rod....Hope to see you Sunday Tommy...You can draw for me!!
DougieC
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Return to Magiscroft Match Results