Wednesday Open 12/9/18 Woodside Pond

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Wednesday Open 12/9/18 Woodside Pond

Postby Tommy L » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:40 am

Fullscreen capture 13092018 044518.bmp.jpg

Winner: Roz Cassidy -Peg 14 - Weighing 7Lbs-12ozs.

Runner-up: Darrin Ferguson - Weighing 4Lbs-12ozs.

Match Report:

The match was fished on Magiscroft's Woodside Pond and was the first match on it for a considerable time. The Pond was the idea of Roz Cassidy and eight anglers turned out to fish including Douglas Phillips who hadn't read the change of venue.

The weather was cold given that fishing on the Woodside Pond has its own climate. Protected from the wind by trees it also does not let the sun in. That said the high numbers side was far warmer than over in Siberia where Darrin Ferguson and Geoff Lowe were fishing Pegs 3 and 5 respectively. I was on the warm side and had to put on a jacket after 30 mins.

The match started in glorious sunshine but was punctuated with heavy rain showers every now and then. The match was fished from 11 am till 4 pm.

Everyone caught on the day with Dougie with just 3 fish for 6ozs being the poorest weight.

Roz trounced all and could only catch right over at the Island. Roz had a good mixed net of fish.

Darrin opted to go for the silvers and worked very hard to produce his weight giving him an easy 2nd place. The 3rd placed weights were 2Lbs-10ozs

Well done to Roz for an excellent Victory.

Next week we are on tour to the Birch pond, cannot wait.

Tommy Lauriston.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Wednesday Open 12/9/18 Woodside Pond

Postby Daddy Cool » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 am

Well done to Roz & the framers
Daddy Cool
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Return to Magiscroft Match Results