Thursday Open 15/11/18 Top Pond.

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Thursday Open 15/11/18 Top Pond.

Postby Tommy L » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Fullscreen capture 15112018 183424.bmp.jpg

Winner..Ian Sloss..Peg No.16..13Lbs-10ozs

Fullscreen capture 15112018 180010.bmp.jpg

2nd Place..Tommy Lauriston..Peg No. 14..7Lbs-6ozs

Fullscreen capture 15112018 180357.bmp.jpg

3rd Place..Geoff Lowe..Peg No. 18..5Lbs-10ozs

Weigh Sheet.

Peg..Angler.....................................Wt.Lbs-ozs
05..Don McLean.....................................0-9
07..Dave Minard....................................4-0
09..Bryan Hewitt...................................2-10
12..Dougie Campbell..............................3-12
14..Tommy Lauriston..............................7-6
16..Ian Sloss........................................13-10
18..Geoff Lowe.....................................5-10

[b]Match Report:[/b]

The Wednesday Crew are Flexible and moved the match to Thursday to avoid the heavy rain on Wednesday. It was a good move given the torrential rain on Wednesday. Seven anglers turned out to fish. The match was double pegged by Ronnie with 3 anglers on the low numbers Pegs 5, 7 and 9 and 4 anglers on the high numbers Pegs 12, 14, 16 and 18. The match was fished from 9-45 am till 3-45pm. There was no rain the wind was in the mid teens and there was a low sun which annoyed the anglers on the high peg numbers when the sun was out for around half the match.

Unlike last week when the carp were in Peg 14, this week they were in peg 16. Ian Sloss caught from the Off and after an hour had enough fish to take the overall win. Ian fished right across and during the match, his catching was curtailed by the fact he couldn't see his float due to the sun. Ian went on to weigh in 13Lbs-10ozs to take an easy win.

The Low numbers fished real hard as they have all month. It was Tommy Lauriston fishing Peg 14 who had to opt for silver fishing as the Carp were awol in the first part of the match. Tommy after some time got the silvers feeding and had a run of 8oz Perch before a rogue Carp up and tested Tommy's light elastic. The carp was 3Lbs and was landed after 10 mins. A bonus Skimmer was also caught along with roach and the odd chub. Tommy weighed 7Lbs-6ozs for second place.

Geoff Lowe on Peg 14 had 3 carp and a couple of bits for his 3rd Place weight of 5Lbs-10ozs.

It was an enjoyable day with all happy to be fishing in reasonable conditions for Mid November. Well done to the Framers and to Ian on his Victory. Sunday's match will be on the Island Pond and a Thread will be put up by John soon.

Tommy Lauriston.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Thursday Open 15/11/18 Top Pond.

Postby DougieC » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Well done Ian great result m8...also Tommy and Geoff :thumb
DougieC
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Re: Thursday Open 15/11/18 Top Pond.

Postby Tommy L » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:22 am

DougieC wrote:Well done Ian great result m8...also Tommy and Geoff :thumb

Pre-match quote from you Dougie to myself. ' Last week I was put under pressure by your start, this week I have decided to start quickly' When you drew next to me again I was quaking in my boots re your statement. Decided that I would have to keep an eye on you, which I did. That's a compliment as I don't watch other anglers much. What a waste of 3 hours of my time management prior to seeing you burst into action after 3 hours getting your first bite and fish. That said it was a carp and a run of them would have turned the screw. Hope you're doing a Woody and sitting at home practicing drawing from a hat. Dougie the Hat has a ring to it. That's my Top Tip today for The Tipster. :dance :dance
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Return to Magiscroft Match Results