Sunday Sweep 8th June 2008.

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Sunday Sweep 8th June 2008.

Postby Tommy L » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 pm

In order that I can sort out my weekends fishing, will there be a sweep at Magiscroft on Sunday. ;)
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Sunday Sweep 8th June 2008.

Postby jrben_1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:23 pm

hopefully going to enter it if i getmy sections in
Junior Celtic Cup Winner .....2008
Scottish Junior Champion .....2009

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol ... onour.html
jrben_1
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby the governor » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:27 pm

Tommy L wrote:In order that I can sort out my weekends fishing, will there be a sweep at Magiscroft on Sunday. ;)

I would not think so Tommy, the Fed match has 2 sections Main Loch and 1 section Island Pond.
"Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit ."
the governor
3lb F1
3lb F1

Postby jrben_1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:28 pm

dam the first sweep i was going to enter and its bluddy off

jrben_1
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tommy L » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:41 pm

the governor wrote:
Tommy L wrote:In order that I can sort out my weekends fishing, will there be a sweep at Magiscroft on Sunday. ;)

I would not think so Tommy, the Fed match has 2 sections Main Loch and 1 section Island Pond.

Drat, that's no way to treat the regulars. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: Thought it might be the case that's why I asked. Need my competition fix somewhere any suggestions all the other orphans.
;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Doc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 pm

You could always ask Ronnie if you could use one of the other ponds ... top pond fished great in the last Barras match 8-)
Some are more equal than others ....
Doc
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby jrben_1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:55 pm

role on the top pond..... :? :D

jrben_1
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tommy L » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:54 pm

Due to the Fed Match sunday there will not be a Sunday Sweep. ;) :( :( :(

A few of us are thinking of having a knock up on Orchill if there is enough interested as it is in the blood to fish competitions on Sundays. We accept the reason why we cannot be accomodated so for one week only The Sunday Sweep will go on tour. Please express your interest on here to see if there is enough interest as 'The Magiscroft Sunday Sweep' goes on tour. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Colin_K » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:51 am

Sounds good to me Tommy
Colin_K
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby Doc » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:22 am

Sorry Tommy im working :cry:
Some are more equal than others ....
Doc
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby hiabhero » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:30 pm

sorry tommy im dying to COMPETE in my first sunday sweep but unfortunatly im working .But i will lose my virginity (sweep wise)soon. :lol: :lol: ;)
fishing is not a hobby its a lifestyle
hiabhero
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby garymcdonald » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:26 pm

wots a sunday sweep.
garymcdonald
1lb Bream
1lb Bream

Postby hiabhero » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:37 am

garymcdonald wrote:wots a sunday sweep.

its a match usually on sundays for any angler with shinny pounds, prestige and bragging rights up for grabs. :lol: :lol:

does that about sum it up tommy? ;)
Jamie
fishing is not a hobby its a lifestyle
hiabhero
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby Tommy L » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Well just back home fed and watered to replace the dehydraion factor fishing Orchill on a hot summers day.

7 Magiscroft Orphans turned up for their weekly fix. Two didn't fish the sweep, Chappie was on a mission from the outset as he really fancied fishing the original pond which was a real sound decision make by him in the morning. The other who wasn't in the sweep was Welshy who had never fished a match before ( some would say he has never fished anywhere else other than Peg 1 on the Railway pond and Pegs 1 and 50 on the Main loch) Welshy through encouragement braved the snake pond and fished along with the sweep.

The bragging rights on the day were contestedby Papa Doc, Jim Hillhouse, Colin Kerr, Gary mcKay and myself. We decided to run the match the way the French run matches with a dinner break. The all in was at 10-30am. The early leader on the day was end peg Hillhouse who was catching the small Carp. Papa Doc had a poor first half with only one fish. Myself I had a few small Skimmers. Gary started off well with a rake of small fish and Colin caught steadily on again small fish. Welshy was still finding his feet on his tip rod.

Come the break Gary gave up his time to coach Welshy in the tactics best deployed on his peg. The rest of us wandered over to see Chappie who was bagging up with Carp and tench on the original pond. As the match re-started the sun came out from behind the clouds and the tempreature shot up. we were glad of the steady breeze that was blowing all day. From the off Welshy using Gary's tips was catching small fish as were all others.

With Papa Doc in the sweep his usual misinformation was being spread about. Jim Hilhouse had 20lbs. Aye right, 20 lbs and a great big hole in his net maybe. It was good to see old Papa getting a few fish as the day went on. Pegged next to Gary I saw him leave his seat box and pace up and down thinking out some new tactics as he kept missing bites. A few swops later and some ground bait in Gary was the fishing machine we all know him to be. Colin struck into a big Carp late on bringing him back into contention.

By the all out we suspected it had been a tight match but how tight we didn't realize. jim Hillhouse weighed in 7 lbs-9oz and Gary weighed in 7lbs-10oz to take the match. Colin was a good third with 5 lbs plus and myself and brian with just under 2lbs brung up the rear. It was a day when the big fish just didn't turn up.

It was then over to the original pond to find out afer weighing two nets that Chappie had caught 40lbs-7oz as per his happy photo's. A good day out.

At Orchill the dog does not have the same interest as Jackie does in fish being weighed in.

Chappy is all smiles as his second net took him over the 40lbs mark.

A few of us fished on the Original pond. I eventualy got the Carp started on the paste with two mirrors in the 1.5lb range and at that it was time to go home.
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby old john » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi Tommy

sounded like quite a good day out.

Lanarkshire are booking Orchil for a second club match.

Our first was Sunday 8th on your old favourite Hareshaw as usual good weights were being caught on practice but come the day only small fish were caught with the top weight consisting of around seventy fish for two pounds fifteen ounces.

No blanks on the day and lowest weight was ten ounces.

catch you again and take care
old john
only as old as the angling times
old john
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby Chappy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:55 pm

What Tommy has forgotten to say is that about 30 mins after the weigh in when Jim hillhouse was putting away his keep net he noticed a roach at the bottom which would have won him the sweep(a great advert for a final check of your keepnet at the weigh in)

Also during the sweep a loud splash was heard coming from the origional pond, then an angler apeared out of the depths, Turns out his brand new rod and reel was taken for a swim by a 4lb carp caught on a feeder and the angler in question decided to re-enact a scene fron baywatch to retrieve his gear(another great advert this time to make sure you are holding your rod whilst feeder fishing)
Orchill Central Coarse Angling Club
SIMPLY THE BEST
Chappy
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby jrben_1 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:13 pm

done that before except it still wouldnt have won me the match. took my keepnet out the following friday to be met with a eye watterin smell and on inspection realised there was a roach squashed in between the rings :o

jrben_1
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Return to Magiscroft Match Results