Result - Magiscroft Club League 2 - Main Loch - 15 June 2008

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result - Magiscroft Club League 2 - Main Loch - 15 June 2008

Postby GG » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:05 pm

1st Stewart Rae - 25lb 2½oz
2nd Brian Docherty (Snr) - 14lb 0oz
3rd Davie Corcoran - 12lb 5oz

Pairs -
1st Stewart Rae & Chris Hughes - 31lb 7½oz
2nd Davie Corcoran & Brian Docherty (Snr) - 26lb 5oz
3rd Bobby Marshall (on his own) - 13lb 3½oz

Image 1st Stewart Rae - 25lb 2½oz

Image 2nd Brian Docherty (Snr) - 14lb 0oz

Image 3rd Davie Corcoran - 12lb 5oz
GG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Result - Magiscroft Club League 2 - Main Loch - 15 June 2008

Postby darren » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:29 pm

well done lads
the scottish carp group/sfca
darren
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby martin » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:30 pm

OK I'm a bit confused here (easily done I hear people saying :lol: ) how does Bobby Marshall finish third in the pairs on his own with a weight of 22lb and not finish in the top 3?

Did they just double his weight for the pairs to reach his total? If that's how its done it just doesn't seem a very fair way of doing it. Not that I can think of any other way of doing it other than saying you must have a partner to fish in the pairs.
martin
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tommy L » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:18 pm

If you go down to the woods today
Beware of a big surprise
If you go down to the woods today
You won't believe your eyes

Yip Sunday in sporting terms featured Woods all over the place, Tiger managed to force a play off, James didn't draw an end peg and the Magiscroft woods had a visitor who DROPPED IN IT who got a big surprise and everyone couldn't believe their eyes, more about that later.

As the 17 anglers contesting the second round of the Summer League arrived at the fishery the sun was shinning and the wind was non existent. The Main Loch was flat calm as it awaited the days events. There was a buzz of excitement as Pastehead and his mother were walking about the shop with 3 bags each on the famous Ron's Pellets. "Eleven Hookers , I got eleven hookers " Stewart was shouting to anyone who would listen in the shop. I informed Stew that his mother was the other side of the Pellet mountain and that he should keeping that sort of information quiet.

With all the kit on the far bank it was time to sit at the breakfast table with the guys to listen to the days plans and how people were going to approach the days match, a little bit of learning over breakfast. No such luck, Del Boy was already there holding court, 'Up in water', 'Small Silvers' , Whips, or being whipped on the bank, nope, he was on again about his latest obsession, ' Coronation Street ' we all now know that during his childhood he had a crush on 'Elsie Tanner' or 'Patricia Phoenix' her name in real life which was another gem he shared with us. Elsie always wore see through blouses and the buttons would sometimes pop. We were all informed that this Monday nights shows should not be missed and that he was so excited about it he was even contemplating giving the Monday night match at Magiscroft a miss.

At 9-30am sharp 'The Chairman' put his well oiled match system into operation with a pre draw having been made for the two Golden pegs one of which was an end peg. As the draw ran smoothly I drew Peg number 36 and the girls that were fishing got a golden peg each with Judith getting the much favored end peg at the Railway end of the far bank. As I dragged my gear to peg 36 the well oiled machine ground to a halt with Colin Kerr stood outside the Café calling me back up the hill as he also had drawn peg number 36. By that time I had already noticed that peg 36 had a Bhoy in it, nope it wasn't Jim Hillhouse or Jim Jones it was one of the things in the centre of the Loch I'm sure you have seen before, you know, they are the same colour as the splash wagglers and slightly larger in size. 'Think the Chairman is needing a little rest, two weeks ago fishes on the wrong peg, this week the draw, what next goes to Asda and comes back with a crate of milk or is that taking it too far.

At 1055am the pre bait was called and the centre of the loch was flat calm no longer as catapults showered it in various sizes and colours of pellets, To my left side red blue and white pellets were booming out from Woodrow and Del whilst 'The Two Jungle Jims' were spraying there green and gold ones. At 11am the fishery looked like Dunkirk as splash wagglers rained down from on high. The battle was on but within 10 minutes the contest for supremacy in the centre of the loch was over as the fish dived deep for cover other than up on Pasteheads peg as he abandoned his paste for one day only as he was into hookers.

The match started off well for William who had a good run on the Ide until his one pint of castors ran out. William then fell back onto his skills learnt coming through the juniors at Magiscroft to keep his weight turning over for a reasonable weight at the end of the day. In the Mid Pegs it was that old fox Papa Doc who was catching the Carp, don't ask me how as he never discloses the truth ever on that score. Down at the Railway end as said before Pastehead was banging hookers all day long to come out on top when the scalesman came round. Dangerous Dave did well with his silver fish catch that included a good bream, none of these yellow vermin for big Davy on a Sunday, come Monday night that theory changes.

The 'Hook' alias Bobby Marshall so called as when asked what he catches on always replies 'A hook' had a good day using various methods. At one stage he turned to me and asked are you getting bites on that splash waggler Tommy. I thought oops my splashing was putting him off. Told him that I was getting a few bites but only had hooked one fish that got off. My fears were unfounded as Bobby was out right away with his pellet wagler but only for 10 mins as the fish at our part of the loch weren't having it. Bobby managed to find enough fish as he was fishing in the doubles on his own to take a well deserved 3rd place in the doubles fishing in a hard area of the loch. For the benefit of Martin anglers fishing alone in doubles matches get 1.5 times their weight caught.

The all out came and the weigh in took place and most had caught a good net of fish to earn their points in the competition. Del boy had to apologise to an adult when an unintentional swear word was uttered by him. The guy took it in good spirit and accepted Dels well worded apology. What he did have to point out to Del was that his son was actually a girl. As we went along the bank Del's 2 lbs of fish became the usual 4 lbs on the scale, funny that when he can guess the anglers fish on either side of him within 3 oz and the anglers within 2 pegs of him within quarter of a pound.

With the match over all it was left to do was the presentations and El President accepting his winnings from first place courtesy of Pastehead without a blush. He was heard attempting to negotiate with Stewart some cash in exchange for some of his eleven hookers but that was a non starter as Stew was keeping them all to himself.

As all the anglers who were henpecked went home for their dinner the three stalwarts made their way back to the bank to fish on and practice for the Monday evening matches, Del Boy, Woody and myself. Woody did his usual and emptied the pond using all methods as I kept an eye on him. Del boy was giving it big licks on the splash waggler so much so that he got so excited that he had an urgent call of nature that he couldn't make it all the way up to the Café. He walked past myself and Woody without a word carrying his rod holdall to make us think he was beginning to pack up.

Shorly thereafter Stadler and Waldorf who were sitting drinking beer on the 'McLeod Falls' Patio began calling and shouting bringing our attention to what was happening. Having been caught short in Ireland twice myself last year I felt sorry for Del attempting to have two minutes alone in the woods whilst being barracked from on high by two drunks whilst his trousers were at his ankles. What happened next is the only reason I'm grassing Del as it was so funny and requires to be shared.

With all the shouting going on, a small black dog began to bark on the far bank. A bit of advice here, when in Del's position don't shout back at the hecklers as the dog took off along the bank when it heard Dels voice in the woods. The next thing we heard the growls more barking and screaming. Good job all kids had went home cause the dog was attempting to chase Del out of the woods and he was not for going. There was Del on his hunkers with his kegs at his ankles shouting at the dog to go away and the dog wanting Del to go away. It was a face off to see would would move first. The howls of laughter from ' McLeod Falls ' could be heard in Condorrat, Dels squeals could be heard in Moddiesburn. Del got out of his predicament as the dog was recalled by it's owner.

It was 5 mins later that Del emerged from the woods with a red face and as he passed me he asked why I bothered to fish on and witness the event. The dog gave him a growl as he passed it and Del gritted his teeth. Myself and Woody couldn't stand up straight as we were bent double laughing at Del getting himself into another situation. The chances of it happening again are 5/2 ( Andrex) 2/1 ( Kleenex )

Sorry about the delay in bringing this report as there was rather a lot to get through. ;)
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby GG » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:39 pm

martin wrote:OK I'm a bit confused here (easily done I hear people saying :lol: ) how does Bobby Marshall finish third in the pairs on his own with a weight of 22lb and not finish in the top 3?

Did they just double his weight for the pairs to reach his total? If that's how its done it just doesn't seem a very fair way of doing it. Not that I can think of any other way of doing it other than saying you must have a partner to fish in the pairs.

Hi Martin, I took a note of the weights and put the wrong figure for Bobby, Tommy Tells me it was 13lb 3.5 oz ! When we have an uneven number of anglers someone can't be in a pair. We award that person half their weight again, so sometimes the person on their own can even win the pairs event ... and why not :lol:
GG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Magiscroft Match Results