Result - Barras Pleasure League 3rd round - 22nd June 2008

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result - Barras Pleasure League 3rd round - 22nd June 2008

Postby Tommy L » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:40 pm

Round 3 Results:

Section Results:

Section 'A'

1st Brian Docherty Snr 8lbs-11.5oz

2nd C Collins 8lbs-7.5oz

Section 'B'

1st Peter O'Neil 21lbs-9oz

2nd Sinclair Yates 13lbs-4oz

Section 'C'

1st Jim Hillhouse 28lbs-2oz

2nd Whisky Walker 15 lb-3.5oz

Section 'D'

1st Brian Docherty Jnr 30lbs-11.5oz

2nd Dave Smith 20lbs-1.5oz

Individual Places:

1st Brian Docherty Jnr. 30lbs-11.5oz

2nd Jim Hillhouse 28lbs-2oz

3rd Peter O'Neil 21lbs-9oz

Team Places:

1st SPRA1 46pts
2nd Lanarkshire 1 41pts
3rd = Airdieonians 36pts
3rd = Team Stillwater 36pts
5th Artfull Codgers 31pts

Individual scores on the day.

Final Results and Pictures here - http://www.magiscroft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=677#p5939
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result - Barras Pleasure League 3rd round - 22nd June 2008

Postby darren » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:03 pm

good to c some good waghts thare wall done all
the scottish carp group/sfca
darren
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

zdfg

Postby jrben_1 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:56 am

well done. gutted i coudnt make the last barras match :(
Last edited by jrben_1 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junior Celtic Cup Winner .....2008
Scottish Junior Champion .....2009

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol ... onour.html
jrben_1
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result - Barras Pleasure League 3rd round - 22nd June 2008

Postby Tommy L » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Match Report:

Sunday saw the arrival of all the competitors for Match 3 of The Barra's series, did I say all the competitors, this was not true as all the roads out of Fife to civilisation were blocked off hence one team didn't show. Then again our Martin managed to travel through from Fife so that blows the roads blocked theory to Kincaple.

On a day when the weather was supposed to be horrendous if you follow the BBC rather than the more reliable Metcheck it was great to see those who made the effort were in good spirits and not under the influence of spirits. After breakfast layers of clothing were stripped off as the temperatures soared as the morning rain abated. Yes it did rain at spells during the match but not for long Umbrella's were up for 15 minutes max.

Papa Doc stood alone outside the Café in the morning with that worried expression on his face, for those who didn't see him it was just the same as his normal Doom and Gloom look. His main worry was could he live another day so as to have a chance of being crowned The Barra's League Individual Champion. He had been drawn on the Top Pond and won, drawn on the Island pond and won, where would he be drawn today.

Old Papa wasn't the only nervous angler in the carpark, Matt Dunn almost fell of his step ladder when unloading his gear from the back of his van. The atmosphere in the carpark was first class as anglers put their opponents under pressure by mentioning how others managed to blow their chances last year allowing a bunch of Nancy's in pink t-shirts to run out winners. Papa Doc was in the driving seat in the individuals and Lanarkshire1 were in the fast lane for the team prize.

The draw was made and for those who follow the odds two teams 'The A team' and 'SPRA1' managed to draw the same pegs for all three matches, add to that I managed to draw the same peg from the envelope we got on all three occasions, anyone wanting to know how to fish peg 36 on the Main Loch forward your questions to Booby 'Hook' Marshall as he fishes it far better than me, in fact I thing all anglers can fish it better than myself.

The two main contenders for the race for the individual championship were drawn in the same section which was the Café Bank of the Main Loch. Gary Black was on peg number 8 with Papa doc on Peg number 12. Being sat right across from both I would be a witness to how it would all unfold I thought. At the all-in Gary was into a silver fish right away before I had started to feed my peg. As I sat back to enjoy the spectacle I was distracted as I started catching fish myself. I maybe hadn't the time to watch but I could hear The Dark Cloud moaning all match long as he was asked how he was fishing. ' Half pound ' ' 1 pond maximum ' were the phrases booming out across the Loch.

Word had filtered back that Brian Docherty Jnr was leading the overall match fishing the Island Pond after 1 hours fishing with about 12 lb of Carp, he was closely followed by Dave Smith also on the Island Pond with 10lbs of fish. Papa Doc was delighted by that news as Dave was one of the main competitors in the individual match. As the day wore on desperation struck home to those on the Café Bank which was fishing the poorest of all the sections. Crazy Diamond abandoned his 'Kaiser plan' and let loose with the Splash Waggler on peg 11. Papa Doc had a first class view of the proceedings and soon saw the Airdrieonian playing a good sized Carp. I thought it was huge and Finnie sized as he played it delicately for the best part on ten minutes. When questioned later about it he assured me that the care was to ensure he didn't lose it as it would be very important to his team given the lack of fish caught on the Café Bank.

Papa Doc then moved the fastest ever and launched an all out attack to increase his poundage. From the Far Bank I could see him increase his depth on every cast before he started getting bites at 4 foot deep. It wasn't the Papa Doc that was laid back that we all know. He was in 3rd gear at least as his angling hit his top speed possible on the day. Witnessed him strike into a few Carp two of which go the better of him. He landed a few small Carp as he climbed up the rankings bringing cries of well done from the ' McLeod Falls' Patio.

With 5 minutes to go he hooked his biggest Carp of the day and did a Crazy Diamond as he made sure it got to his landing net. As he scooped it from the Loch he breathed a sigh of relief as the fish dropped into his keep net. He was about to cast again as the final hooter sounded for the end of the match. Old Papa was then left wondering if he had done enough to win the overall match. Time would tell.

The weather at that time was real pleasant as the weigh in started on the Far Bank and Peter O'Neil won the section and caught enough to take third place overall on the day. Next to weigh in was The Café Bank where Papa Doc managed to win his section by ounces and relaxed as it was all over as he was the Individual Champion. The weigh in on the Island saw my colleague and team member Brian Docherty Jnr win that section and take the individual prize on the day. On the Top pond Jim Hillhouse won taking 2nd place overall on the day.

It was then up to the Café as Chris on his computer worked out all the prize winners. The prizes were awarded and everyone showed their appreciation to the winners. We all then enjoyed the buffet spread before making our way home all having voted the Competition a great success for the second year running.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Return to Magiscroft Match Results