Result - Magiscroft v Lanarkshire Sun 29th June 2008

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result - Magiscroft v Lanarkshire Sun 29th June 2008

Postby Tommy L » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:50 pm

The following is the result of the Challenge Match Second Leg.

Peg 29 Jim Jones ( Magi ) 25lbs-0oz
Peg 30 Matt Dunn (Lan ) 7lbs-11oz

Magiscroft Win

ImageJim and Matt

Peg 31 Colin Kerr ( Magi ) 2lbs-1.5oz
Peg 32 Roz Cassidy (Lan) 1lb-2.5oz

Magiscroft Win

ImageRoz and Colin

Peg 33 Brian Docherty Snr ( Magi ) 18lbs-12.5oz
Peg 34 Tam Paton ( Lan ) 0lbs-11oz

Magiscroft Win

ImageTam and Brian

Peg 35 William Stewart ( Magi ) 11lbs-1oz
Peg 36 Mari Dick (Lan) 2lbs-5.5oz

Magiscroft Win

ImageWilliam and Mari

Peg 37 Dave Richardson ( Magi ) 3lbs-1oz
Peg 38 Paul Bryson (Lan) 7lbs-12.5oz

Lanarkshire Win

ImageDave and Paul

Peg 39 Tommy Lauriston ( Magi ) 10lbs-2oz
Peg 40 Kenny Bird (Lan) 2lbs-14oz

Magiscroft Win

ImageTommy and Kenny

Peg 41 Brian Docherty Jnr ( Magi ) 8lbs-10oz
Peg 42 Peter O'Neil ( Lan ) 19lbs-8oz

Lanarkshire Win

ImageBrian and Peter

Scores on the day Magiscroft 5 Lanarkshire 2

Scores over the two legs Magiscroft 7 Lanarkshire 7 Challenge Matches Drawn.

individuals on the Day

Image1st Jim Jones 25lbs

Image2nd Peter O'Neil 19lbs-8oz

Image3rd Brian Docherty Snr 18lbs-12.5oz
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result - Magiscroft v Lanarkshire Sun 29th June 2008

Postby hiabhero » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:00 pm

well done to all the magi team for pulling back the deficit,some very nice bags involved there on a very difficult day what with the ever changing wind and rain.
so where and when is the decider so i know where not to be when the s--t hits the fan :) :) ;)
again well done all and best of luck in the|final| ;)
fishing is not a hobby its a lifestyle
hiabhero
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby S West, Bream » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:01 pm

Congratulations to all who took part. are you going to have a fish off decider one match :?:

Roz will phone kenny 15 MIN re kids fishing ;)
Dont argue with an Idiot !
They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience !
S West, Bream
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby martin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:01 pm

So Tommy because you can't beat by Roz you take it out on poor Kenny :lol: :lol:

So what happens now as it's a draw ? Will you have to fish it all again in a re-match?????????????
martin
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby roz 1888 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:02 pm

ok cheers martin
roz 1888
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby roz 1888 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 pm

WELL TOMMY IS THERE A REMATCH??????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
roz 1888
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby Tommy L » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Match Report:

As dawn broke over Magiscroft Judas was already up and packing his van without a thought of the carnage left in his wake. The damage had already been done during the first leg and the pressure was mounting on the wee man so much that he felt he had to leave the country as the final nail was knocked into his captaincy. There was no fight left in him, Captain was one step too far for a 40 roach to the pound angler. Having taken charge for the first leg which was a Roach match and failed he had no earthly idea how to get the lads up for the second leg. Alarm bells were ringing as Judas sped South on the M74, we presume as this kid can go to Loch Ken via England.

Back in Scotland the lads turned up and Dave Richardson stepped in at the last minute to make up the team of anglers who had Magiscroft within their heart ready to fight to the last for the honor of the Club. All seven anglers vowed to do their best for the cause to try and rectify the damage done in the first leg. With no sign of Del Boy at the fishery it was realised that this was no wind-up we were on our own. I asked every angler if they would like to go and fish elsewhere in a pleasure session rather than face the music or join me to do battle with Lanarkshire. The vote was 100% to give their all for Magiscroft.

Lanarkshire also had problems with their Captain Dave Smith who had injured his back and should have been in hospital. Unlike our Captain Dave got himself a wheelchair and set of walking sticks and walked the bank encouraging his troops on throughout the match. Dave's replacement was the listee on this forum that all the women love, none other than Oor Tam who turned up at the fishery in his black suit and tie. He was heard to whisper to Ronnie when asked ' My wife thinks I'm away to a funeral, it was the only way I could get permission to leave the house today.

When asked by Lanarkshire as to the whereabouts of our Captain we couldn't tell the truth which would have made us look weak. We told them that he was away fishing for the weekend with some pals to The Oaks, a great cover story if you have ever heard one and Lanarkshire bought it. It was decided to peg the match on the far side of the Main Loch and a coin was tossed and Mari elected to have the even peg numbers giving Lanarkshire the end peg at the Island End where the wind was gusting into. The match was pegged from 29 to 42. When the pegs were drawn peter O'Neil got end peg 42 with Jim Jones getting end peg 29. as history has proved in recent weeks the end pegs at Magiscroft have a distinct advantage and that was to be the same today.

The weather was cool with dark clouds overhead as we set up for the match. at the all-in there were storm clouds moving in from the East as the westerly wind produced waves on the loch. Various tactics wwere employed along the bank with some preferring to fish the margins, some attempted the Splash Waggler. The wind and rain played a big part in the first 3 hours. at one point there were sheets of rain falling on the anglers with high gusting winds. This made presentation at distance very hard and the anglers fishing short were edging ahead in the individual matches.

As Dave Smith hobbled up and down the bank in great pain it was hard not to think about del Boy sunning himself in Englandshire at the side of some Lake. Dave was kind enough to share information on his travels between pain killing injections, what a guy giving all for his team when he could have been taking it easy in hospital, a captain through and through who saw his nomination right to the end wind, hail and snow. In the first three hours Lanarkshire were winning the overall match. It would have been easy for us to give in as del boy would have been given the blame. nope, we fought on, as Del is a Magi member we had to try and avert the pending scandal re his actions. With some concentrated effort and digging deep the lads managed to eek out a 5-2 victory and square the match.

With the match over at 4pm we expected a call from Lord Judus of the Oakes. That call didn't come, we all felt sorry for Del worrying his socks off in Englandshire whilst the Miricle of Magiscroft occurred to soften the blow. Anyways, when he returns to Scotland perhaps he will read this and tell us about his great day out.

The match was a great success for everyone and fun and patter was enjoyed on the bank. Everyone was glad to be part of it. On a final note, Tam, somebody has to be last and it's better coming from me rather than 'Caroline Aged 40' You will just have to get used to fishing at altitude. nice to meet you again. Speaking of the female gender, the girls in the Lanarkshire team looked great today, always a pleasure to fish alongside them. Real good crowd Lanarkshire and Kenny, who else would come up to the guy he's fishing against and ask for advice on mixing his paste, the advice was given, It's the taking part that counts not the winning. Did you read that Del, the taking part.

As Del knows it's only in jest and i don't want anyone worrying about Old Davy smith, he just tweaked his back, I have just used some poetic licence.

I now give the captaincy of the Magiscroft second team back to you Del, in order that you take the lads who bailed you out, out for a curry and a few beers. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tam » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:27 am

Well Tommy, you would have thought that i had been at a funeral when i got home......As i brushed away the tears of defeat with my incredible 11oz :D :) ;) (It has to mean something) Heh heh. As i took off the suit and tie trying to explain that it was,nt fish that i was smelling off, it couldnt be, i hadnt caught that many, as her hoover bounced off my torso while explaining tht the funeral was a draw.

:D :) :mrgreen: .

On a more serious note, well done to all the guys and gals from both teams. It was a pleasue to take part and learn from the best. To Davie and Peter, yer at the top guys and from a novice like myself watching you two is a pleasure. However, after the 11 ounce of fish..........As the once proud General said after leaving the Phillipines "I shall return" as Davie shouts "Naw Ye'll Bl"""dy No" :D :) :lol: :x heh heh

Just a wee thought, not that it matters in a draw Tommy, i think that if it was weight over the two legs, that 11 oz would have just about tipped the balance :D :) LMAO again.

Well done folks .... agood day...

P.S. How many times can you bury yer Granny? Just in case i cant use that excuse again. heh heh

Tam :oops:
Tam
1lb Bream
1lb Bream

Postby GG » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:47 am

Well done to everybody,

For such a friendly event I reckon a draw is a fine result :!: :D :D

Cheers
GG
Site Admin
Site Admin