Result - Magiscroft Club League 3 - Main Loch - 6 July 2008

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result - Magiscroft Club League 3 - Main Loch - 6 July 2008

Postby Tommy L » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:37 pm

1st Jim Hillhouse 21lbs-8oz

2nd James Woodrow 19lbs-6oz

3rd Dave Corcoran 18lbs-11oz

Full listing of pegs and weights caught.

Singles and Pairs results.

Rough draft of standings after 3 rounds.

Jim Hillhouse also won the Golden Peg today so a good earner all round, well done Jim.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result - Magiscroft Club League 3 - Main Loch - 6 July 2008

Postby Tommy L » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Match Report:

As the club members crawled their way out of bed and looked out they knew that round number three of the Summer league was not going to be an easy day at Magiscroft. The skies were overcast, the wind was blowing and the tempreature was down a few degree's on the previous week. As the 16 angler assembled for the draw it was good to see that Margaret Rae was present ready to do battle. There were two notable absentee's in George Glen the tennis fan and Kevin Calamity Murphy the budweiser fan. One surprise contestand was our Baz who was back in Scotland having a break from his constant Spanish holiday.

A quick look down at the Main Lake the obsevant saw that none of Ronnie's prize pets were swimming up on the surface, a sure sign that the match would be harder than the norm. It was very quiet in the Café as breakfasts were consumed as one of our members was down in the dumps as people had reffered to him as the whipping boy of the forum. At 9-30am The Jailer began to inform us of the rules for the day and that Margaret Rae had drawn the two golden pegs prior to the draw as the prize money was nearly 200 pounds. As the rules of the pre baiting was being announced Woody had taken his best pals place as the loudest in the room. The Jailer paused in his narration as a deathly silence feel over the Café. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of Woody's voicetalking about fishing, what else does he talk about, another Darren Ferguson in the making. As everyone looked at Woody and as he felt the dagger sticking into his neck from Chris's piercing eyes Woody apologised before being berrated for disturbing the organiser in full flow.

The draw was made and this is beginning to get very boring, once again no end peg for Mr Woods. As the golden pegs emerged from the hat the danger signs were there for all to see with Jim Hillhouse and Davy Corcoran left in possession of the pegs that everyone wanted on the day. A quick check of the partners and I discovered that I was paired with non other than 'Two Nets Hart', I caught up with Colin in the carpark and handed him all my bait for the day as he would put it to better use than myself and afterall it's a team game. Colin accepted the bait saying ' Did I leave it lying on the shop counter '. ' Aye right Colin, when did you ever buy strawberry fizz, prawn and chocolate maggots in your life.

I set my personal target to catch a few ounces more fish than 'Two Nets' as how embarrasing is it going up to collect winnings only having caught ounces of fish whilst your partner catches loads winning the pairs on their own. There is one member who does it every club match and has no shame, he carries a get out of jail card free as his partners produce the poundage required to win. The match had been pegged between pegs 25.5 and 40 with William Stewart and Margaret Rae having the end peg advantages Margaret on 40 and William on 25.5. I was pegged next to Margaret.

When the all in was called it wasn't long before margaret had two Carp in the keepnet, 10 minutes and I was already 3 lbs in arrears. The rumours from the bank were that Papa Doc had started well with a few Carp on the anglers on the lower pegs were catching well. The rain came on, the rain went off, the wind blew and the wind blew harder. Throughout the day the horrible sound of pole rollers toppling could be heard along the bank and sighs of relief as not too much damage was done. One of the large gusts managed to blow Jim the councilors brolley inside out at the same time putting a 90 degree bend into the aluminium handle. Margaret Rae managed 7 Carp before they backed off and came into her inside line where she topped up her weight with silvers fishing like a demon.

Fish were being caught right along the bank and everyone was doing well other than one team. It was turning out to be an exciting match with a number of anglers contending for first prize and the 10 point's. Two were also looking to get the golden peg cash. When the all out came nobody had a clue who has won as the results looked real tight. The weigh in started at the low numbers and the first real contender who weighed was Dangerous Dave on the Golden Peg, drat I thought all that money was gone for evermore. As Woody produced his net it looked good and it weighed a few ounces more than Davy's, my hero had saved the day. Not so as Jim Hillhouse was next to weigh and took Woody right out for to be the leader and again on a golden peg. The only possible person that had a weight of fish left was Margaret Rae who had lost a big Carp in the last few minutes of the match. With margaret being an angler that can guestimate the weight of her fish I knew she was beat.

I managed to make my goal set at the start of the day and catch a few ounces more than Two nets, only trouble was that he only caught 1lb plus of fish so wee finished last. It was a good day all round and good close match. The Jailer caught a good weight of fish as can be seen and fully earned his half of the winning cash. We all retired to the Café and the banter was good as the days happenings were talked about and many learning points were there for all to listen to.

Perhaps some of the guys will post how they caught as with 16 in the match and pegged on a second end peg it is impossible to see.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Return to Magiscroft Match Results