Result - Monday Evening Open - Main Loch 7th July 2008.

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result - Monday Evening Open - Main Loch 7th July 2008.

Postby Tommy L » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:34 pm

1st Kevin Murphy 17lbs-11oz

2nd James Woodrow 14lbs-8oz

3rd Colin Hart 12lbs-11.5oz
4th Gary McKay 9lb-0oz
5th Colin Skeel 8lb-5oz

Full list of results. Match report to follow Tuesday.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result - Monday Evening Open - Main Loch 7th July 2008.

Postby Tommy L » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Match Report

Eleven fished on what turned out to be a dry and vitually wind free evening. The match was pegged on the Far Bank of the Main Lake ( I read and take in what is said on the forum Bryan ) between pegs 28 to 38. With Ian Whitson away on holiday we were assured of a different winner this week. Colin McKerrel made his Monday evening debut for 2008 , I hoped to have got pegged near Colin to watch him in action but that was not to be.

Gary McKay and Colin Skeel drew the end pegs with our woody continuing his terrible run. When I put it too him that his run was over he claimed he was on an end peg two weeks ago, " Don't think so James " George and Kevin having missed out on the Club match Sunday appeared for their weekly fix of match angling and with Bryan Hewitt fresh from his 'Woody weighed 50lbs on Sunday ' yes the mind is going, blamed me for the weigh-in we had the makings of an interesting match.

The all inn signaled the launch of the splash and pellet waggler through the air as all the competitors read of Ian's record last week. I was pegged between Kevin and Woody and on the peg where jim hillhouse won on the golden peg the previous day. I never knew that at the time. I found this out whilst reseaching for excuses for my dismal weight in the match. Thought i could have claimed a bag peg, first enquiry put an end to that excuse. Woody and Kevin stole my fish is the only option I have left.

Woody was first to hook into a Carp on the pellet waggler and followed that with another 3 in the first hour. Kevin gave up on the splasher right away and set about attempting to win the match fishing for the Ide. Kevin was catching one a chuck for the first 90 minutes of the match before they stopped biting. He thereafter set about catching what he could and that included a rogue Carp for good measure.

Woody gave up on the pellet waggler and chased a few silvers before giving it a try late on in the match. Like young Kevin when not catching both anglers have the ability to think and vary tactics to keep the weights going up. Every so often the fish in Kevins net took a flakey and started splashing about, wonder what causes that, answers on a post on this forum.

It was obvious to myself that Kevin would take a bit of beating and after the weigh in my thoughts were confirmed. Most anglers caught decent weights, Bryann didn't weigh in but I would imagine that he would have caught more than my paltry 2lbs-4oz catch, 4 carp all on the paste.

From next Monday the all-in reverts to 6-15pm as the nights are fair growing shorter.The match next week will again be on the Main Lake 5pm report for 5-15pm draw, all welcome. ;)
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby bryanh » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Cracking report Tommy, almost up to your usual standard; I say almost, because of two unfortunate errors;

1. Cafe bank?

2. BH. DNW - thats because I DNC, not a scooby, only one screamer from a foulhooked carp all night which left me with a scale the size of a 50p piece on the hook.

Having only decided to fish the match at 3.45 when she who must be obeyed, casually informed me that she had to work that night, it was a quick and frantic rummage through the shed to assemble some gear, gobble down some grub and make it to the draw in time. After the previous days' "50lb" and with more favourable conditions, I was convinced the pellet waggler would do the business so that was the gear that I packed, maggots, casters and the rest were left in the fridge; big mistake.

Despite firing enough pellets around the float to keep Ronnie's pets satisfied for a week and despite chanting mystical spells, voodo curses and anything else I could think of the float just would not go under, at least not when I was looking at it. The three wise men (Messrs Hillhouse, Docherty and Smith) were standing behind me for a while and sure enough, every time I time I turned round to talk to them, away it went.

Such is life.
bryanh
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tommy L » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:16 pm

Thanks for that Brian, can never depend on the fish to do the same two hours running. ;) :lol:
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby MarkPR22 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Yeah it was a funny one on Monday, nothing seemed to work, except for kyser who managed to catch down the inside on the end peg down our end! Pellet/Splasher overfished?
Well done to Kevin with cracking silver fish net!
Where fishing can be done, life must be good!
MarkPR22
3lb F1
3lb F1

Return to Magiscroft Match Results