Result - Sunday Sweep - Main Loch Sunday 20th July 2008.

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result - Sunday Sweep - Main Loch Sunday 20th July 2008.

Postby Tommy L » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:48 pm

1st Tommy Lauriston 16lbs-5oz

2nd Gary McKay 10lbs-12oz

3rd Craig Postlethwaite 9lbs-1.5oz

Match Weight Sheet.

Match Report to follow.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result - Sunday Sweep - Main Loch Sunday 20th July 2008.

Postby Tommy L » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:47 pm

With the Federation match taking place at Broom today most of the usual suspects were absent from the Sweep. Eleven Anglers turned out in what was a dry warm Summers day. The match was pegged on the Far Bank of the main Lake from Peg 48 back to Peg 38. Craig Postlethwaite and Brian Dochrty Snr drew the end pegs with Brian drawing Peg 48 which was down wind making Brian the favourite to add to his recent run of wins. As I made the draw I got what was left Peg 40 which was nothing to write home about, in fact it was the peg that was last in the Junior match the previous day.

As everyone set up the Carp were jumping right out the water as i put it saying hello, Jim Hillhouse on the next peg thought more likely they were saying cherio. As the all in was called I decided to go straight in with the Splash Waggler insted of putting in groud bait. my reasoning was I knew that Colin Kerr and Jim Hillhouse would start the match on the waggler. My decision was correct and first cast and some pellets lauched I was playing a 1lb Carp. I continued on the waggler with Colin and Jim Hillhouse competing for the bites. I was getting bites and was twixt and between attempting to strike the bites and letting them self hook.

The plan today was to launch a paste attack for the last three hours of the match. During the first 2 hours I changed various presentations in order to hit the bites, a change of reel was also enforced on me due to line problems. As the clock ticked towards the two hour mark I struck gold with one of my changes. The word from the bank was that Kyser had 8lbs of Carp in the first hour and was walking away with the match. My change gave me a run of four Carp in four casts and put me back into the running. I made the decision that I would sit it out on the waggler for the remainder of the match as when you start fishing it you have to keep it going or abandon it.

My decision was correct and by the end of the match I had netted 9 carp for my win. Gary got most of his Carp on the pellet waggler. Craig got his fish on the pole, he didn't have many fish but the fish he had there were plenty to them including a good sized Bream.

Will keep persons posted if there is to be a sweep next week. Watch this space.

Tight lines.
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Hair-Rig » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Well done Tommy.

There is a sweep next week.

It is the CIPs rules natural baits only one.

The more the merrier so we get a good indication on how it is going to fish.

See you there

Chris
Hair-Rig
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby Tommy L » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:33 pm

I trusted the photographer to do a grand job. I will not name the photographer but will say " A LETHARGIC POSE TWIT " is an anagram of the many letters that make up his name. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Craig P » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:59 am

Oi! I very skillfully only took pictures of the fish that you actually caught legally by striking at bites. The others were caught using a modern version of a set line - self hooking bulbous splasher :doh!:

Other than that my apologies for not recording your glory moment appropriately :cry:
Craig P
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Return to Magiscroft Match Results