Result Monday Evening Open 28th July

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result Monday Evening Open 28th July

Postby Craig P » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 am

As Tommy wasn't allowed out to play and I made my first appearance in a Monday night match I guess I should do the update.

1st James Woodrow - about 18Kg I think. Feeding the secret "Woody Blend" micro pellets that will soon be available in the shop.

2nd Colin Hart - about 10Kg

I think I was best of the rest with 4.9Kg

Derek reckoned he had about 3lb with no carp which became 1 carp as we approached his peg and he weighed in 4.7Kg (10lb) with a few carp.

10 fished and all had a good time with the lowest weights being close to 2Kg of roach.

My apologies to anyone who's weight I got wrong.
Craig P
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Re: Result Monday Evening Open 28th July

Postby Tommy L » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:52 pm

Craig: were the winners on end pegs. ;)
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result Monday Evening Open 28th July

Postby Craig P » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:43 am

Nope - Woody was pretty much bang in the middle and Colin was 2nd or 3rd in at the cafe end.

I was on the "shallow end" end peg and a guy I don't know was on the other end. I would say I'd ruined a flier but just before the match Derek and others had been practising near my peg and had despatched one of the younger boys (either William or Kevin) to wade across to retreive a rig snagged on heavy line caught in the island. Allegedly when the wader said "I'm up to my knees in sticky mud" Derek nearly choked trying not to burst into song.....
Craig P
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Return to Magiscroft Match Results