Result - Sunday Sweep - Main Loch Sunday 10th Aug 2008.

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result - Sunday Sweep - Main Loch Sunday 10th Aug 2008.

Postby Tommy L » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:06 pm

1st equal Colin Skeel 3.080 kgs

1st equal Bobby Marshall 3.080 kgs

3rd Chris Paton 1.570 kgs
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result - Sunday Sweep - Main Loch Sunday 10th Aug 2008.

Postby Tommy L » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:41 pm

Match report:

Only 7 anglers fished today and the match was pegged on the Cafe Bank from pegs 18 back to peg 12 on the recomendation of Chris Paton as they pegs did real well in the Celtic Cup the previous week. As Del Boy would tell you Rangers did well in Europe last year ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: , things are never the same in angling the following hour let alone the following week. Why oh why did we listen to Chris. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: Yip man of a thousand questions was on form again today being pegged next to Sundy sweep debutant Colin Skeel a veteran of many a Monday night campaign. I could right Colin Skeels autobiography without speaking to him after the grilling Chris was giving him today.

My day started bad and went downhill from 8am onwards. For starters all my gear was still wet from Saturday. Only went and forgot to pack my pole and rods into my car a fact I discovered after ordering breakfast. Seven anglers in the draw and someone drew the middle peg whilst i was away collecting my rods. After setting up discovered that my catapults had been packed into Scott's seatbox on Saturday evening. Not a problem Del had three cattys with him so I borrowed one of his. That solved the problem until within the first hour Del had dropped his two cattys into the Loch. I did the right thing and gave Del his catty back as I knew he would need it more than myself and I was confident of taking him out anyways.

As the match got underway Del was fishing to a plan which he kicked into touch after an hour as he assumed that you couldn't win the match on silvers, bad error on his part. Colin Skeel splashed into the lead with three Carp in the first hour and another lost before the Carp moved away from his peg, away to where we will never know. To my left in the lower numbers Bobby Marshall was using pellet in various methods to keep his weight increasing throughout the match on what was a hard day for anglers on the Main Loch. To Bobby's left John Miller and Craig Postlethwaite were finding it hard.

To my right Del gave up far two early on his up in water fishing as he had made a real good start but feared that the match would be decided on the Carp weights. Chris Paton like Bobby was putting together a weight of silvers. When the all out came we knew the match would be decided on the weigh ins of Colin Skeel and Bobby Marshall. As above both logged the same weights so a draw was declared.

There were a few showers during the match and some sunshine. Next Sunday see's the penultimate Summer League match so get practising.

Tight lines.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Return to Magiscroft Match Results