Results

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Results

Postby twitcher » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:49 pm

Was there a sweep on Sunday and if so how did it get on ?
twitcher
3lb F1
3lb F1

Re: Results

Postby bryanh » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:04 pm

There was a sweep (of sorts) but only four of us turned up. Not knowing which pond would be best we took the lazy way out and opted for the short walk to the top pond - big mistake.
Dougie Campbell drew peg 8, Bill Bright was on 10, Ewan Whitehouse on 12 and I drew 14. With expectations quite high following a few mild days and nights we all sat staring at motionless floats for a good couple of hours; I think Dougie and Bill each had a couple of tremors but then again it could have been wishful thinking. I sat for five hours with no indications whatsoever, indeed the only tremors in my neck of the woods were from my fingers caused by rapidly declining temperatures in the cold wind.

After three hours or so Ewan decided enough was enough and made his was to the Island pond with a top kit and a couple of sections. He had a chuck in ten different pegs and caught decent roach in every one of them.

Dougie Campbell came out top in the sweep with three or four fish for just over 5lbs and Bill Bright had just over 3lbs. All in all a very disappointing day even more so when John Stead had a wander down to the Island after weighing in the sweep and came back to report that large numbers of good roach were topping the length and breadth of the pond.

Hey ho, there's always next week. (weather looks good for the rest of the week.)
bryanh
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby J Robinson » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Strange that. During these spells of milder but generally unremarkable weather, it's hard to know what causes the fish to switch on and off. I did about 10 pounds a couple of days before, but I think it was a little bit warmer. A few degrees can make the difference. Odder still is the showing of the roach on the Island Pond, where they have been resolutely hiding for some time now.

Good effort to all those that fished.
J Robinson
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby carp gangster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:37 am

P.s Ewan whitehouse should be Eamonn obrein
carp gangster
1lb Bream
1lb Bream

Postby Tommy L » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:42 am

More like Eamonn O'Brien wishes he was Ewan Whitehouse. LOL
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby bryanh » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Being a bit of a dinosaur, I'm not up to speed with all the daft usernames. If I was running a discussion forum, I would insist on people using proper names, or a least provide a link to who the hell they are in their user profile.

Rant over.
bryanh
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby twitcher » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:25 pm

thats you telt lol
twitcher
3lb F1
3lb F1

Return to Magiscroft Match Results