Result: WEdnesday Open 1st Feb 2017 Island Pond.

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result: WEdnesday Open 1st Feb 2017 Island Pond.

Postby Tommy L » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:33 am

Winner.............Colin Kerr.............Peg 12.......11Lbs-0oz

2nd Place........Bryan Hewitt.........Peg 23........9Lbs-0oz

3rd Place........Tommy Lauriston.....Peg 10........3Lbs-0oz

Weigh Sheet:

Peg..Angler......................................Wt Lbs-Ozs
04....Nigel Foulds...................................DNW
06....Darrin Ferguson..............................DNW
08....Stewart Spence..............................DNW
10....Tommy Lauriston.............................3-0
12....Colin Kerr......................................11-0
15....George Glen...................................1-9
17....Geoff Lowe....................................DNW
19....Colin Williamson..............................DNW
21....Tony Ball.......................................DNW
23....Bryan Hewitt..................................9-0
25....Bill Bright.......................................DNW

Match Report:

Eleven anglers fished today's match and we all knew it was going to be a real hard match as Darrin Ferguson had turned up. Darrin is the current Jinx of Scottish match angling. He fishes the days he thinks the fishing will be good and the Fishing Gods make it the exact opposite. When Darrin is Posted Missing all are Happy.

On a serious note it was very cold overnight, not as cold as first forecast but cold enough to have the fish balling up and going off the feed especially the silvers that have been boosting the weights recently.

The match was fished from 10-30am till 4pm in cold / dry / low winds that allowed decent presentation.

I was on fire for the first hour, had just fed my lines and got a call to return home right away as the washing machine had blown up. An unexpected cup of tea during a match for me as I calmed the Fishing Permission Officer down. Once she realised that the circumstanced allowed her some retail therapy for a replacement she was fine and I got back to the match.

Colin Kerr on my return was clicking his clicker well during my absence counting fish. Fishing on Colin's corner as he is always on that bend he has it sussed how to catch the small carp and this week a couple of bonus 12oz carp. Colin caught steady throughout the match over at the far shelf to take another win once more weighing 11Lbs dead.

Bryan Hewitt who nearly had to go home as he turned up to fish legless was on peg 23 and ran Colin tight with a good mixed catch mainly carp weighing 9Lbs dead for second place. Ronnie had to come down to the Pond to steady Bryan up finding his legs so he could take part in the match.

Tommy Lauriston took third place as some of Colin Kerr's carp had moved along into his peg for safety whilst |Tommy was away. Tommy on his return from his fire was on fire for 90 minutes extracting 11 carplets out his peg then biteless like the previous week for the remainder of the match. 3lbs dead secured 3rd Place.

A few of the DNWs caught a few small fish.

There will be a Sunday match followed by a Wednesday match net week. The good news is that Colin Kerr is off to work in Englandshire so some will get the chance to fish Colin's Bend next Wednesday.

Well done the framers.

Tommy Lauriston.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result: WEdnesday Open 1st Feb 2017 Island Pond.

Postby billyboy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:54 am

top report as always hope its better next time
billyboy
1lb Bream
1lb Bream

Postby J Robinson » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:56 am

Excellent write up - sounded like sodding tough conditions. Scottish winter carp match angling I suppose!
J Robinson
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby alex mason » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:17 am

Looks like I'm not missing much
"B div" pairs champions 2012
alex mason
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby bryanh » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:29 am

Just to clarify: I wasn't legless in the 'overindulging of the amber nectar sense'
Got to my peg and found that my two front seatbox legs were missing; fortunately I found them on the bank with just enough time left to set everything up before the all-in.
bryanh
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tommy L » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:45 pm

bryanh wrote:Just to clarify: I wasn't legless in the 'overindulging of the amber nectar sense'
Got to my peg and found that my two front seatbox legs were missing; fortunately I found them on the bank with just enough time left to set everything up before the all-in.

:rofl
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Return to Magiscroft Match Results