Result Sunday Open 18th February 2018 Island Pond.

Who won? Reports and Pictures. Discuss what went on and share your stories.

Result Sunday Open 18th February 2018 Island Pond.

Postby Tommy L » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Winner Darrin Ferguson..Peg 6..6Lbs-8ozs

f1.jpg

2nd Tommy Lauriston..Peg 10..0Lbs-4ozs

Weigh Sheet:

Peg..Angler...................................Wt Lbs-ozs
06..Darrin Ferguson...............................6-8
08..Bill Bright......................................0-1
10..Tommy Lauriston.............................0-4
12..Dougie Campbell..............................DNW

Match Report:

With a mild night having been forecast it was very disappointing to turn up at the fishery to discover that there was a layer of Cat Ice on the Island Pond.

Only 4 anglers braved the conditions. Darrin had invested in bloodworm and joker so he could compete with Eamonn this week. Eamonn didn't turn up so that left Darrin with a quandary. He would be the only one fishing with B and J.

Options

1: Give all who turned up some recouping some of the costs
2: Keep it for next week
3: Fish with it and have an excellent Chance of winning the match. (preferred option)

When the draw was made Darrin had the low and deep end peg and Dougie got the high and shallow end peg. The odds were further stacked in it being a Darrin victory.

The match was fished from 11am till 4pm and the cat ice was gone prior to the all in.

Around 30 minutes into the match Tommy got snagged on a root and when attempting to get it free the Top kit broke taking the number 4 section off with it. That left Tommy with a big problem as the top kit was still snagged and with the number 4 still attacked it began to sink. Tommy shipped out again and managed to hold the number 4 up in the water,

Bill and Dougie came running over with their poles to assist. After 10 mins trying to get it free from the snag it was obvious that it was a boat job to retrieve the equipment. By this time Darrin was catching on his B and J. A meeting between Tommy, Dougie and Bill was called to decide who was fittest to go and get the boat. As Dougie has trouble walking it was decided that he would remain on Tommy's seatbox supporting the number 4 section whilst Tommy and Dougie went to get the boat.

Around the other side of the pond the boat was picked up with Dougie getting the heavy end and Tommy the lighter end as he has an injured back. After carrying the boat for 100 yards it was too heavy and when we passed the Aerator we launched the boat. As we got back round the corner we were just in time to see Darrin land another B and J fish. The grin and concentration on his face was a sight to behold s he quickly shipped back out.

After two circles of the boat the Top kit was retrieved and Tommy Bill and Dougie managed to pull the boat out the water. Handshakes and thanks all round for the team effort and all three went back to watching motionless floats. We were all happy for Darrin as he was happy catching fish.

As the day went on Darrin was the only person catching fish. In the last hour Tommy got a few bites and managed 2 roach for 4ozs. Bill got a small perch and was awarded a weight of 1 oz. Dougie blanked. In the spirit of fishing Tommy Dougie and Bill went up to see the great net of fish that Darrin had caught and congratulated him on his win.

One for All and All for One is the saying. At least Darrin got it half right all the B and J for one. We are not bitter we are just having a laugh as Darrin is Darrin and he will never change. When we left the Fishery tonight Darrin was standing at the front door giving Alexis a blow to blow account of his days fishing as he had to tell someone who would listen.

There will be a match on Wednesday and another next Sunday.

A big well done to my fishing buddy and son in law Darrin Ferguson. :clap :clap

Tommy Lauriston.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Result Sunday Open 18th February 2018 Island Pond.

Postby Barryl » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Let me get this right Tommy and please correct me if I’m wrong.......

Did your young fit specimen of a man son in law not get off his box to help his father in law, who’s just recovering from illness in his time of need ??
Barryl
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby DougieC » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Did manage to get 2 bites on the feeder!!! Always next week :wall
DougieC
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby Tommy L » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Barryl wrote:Let me get this right Tommy and please correct me if I’m wrong.......

Did your young fit specimen of a man son in law not get off his box to help his father in law, who’s just recovering from illness in his time of need ??

He sat fishing Baz never missed bite. :thumb
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Daddy Cool » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Excellent result Darrin & good in depth report by Tommy hoping to see you all soon :clap
Daddy Cool
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby John42 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Well done Darrin and well done the rest of lads on a cold biteless day
John42
4oz Roach
4oz Roach

Postby Barryl » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Well Done the 3 Amigos
But shame on you Darrin Ferguson lol
Well done nice net of b/j fish
Barryl
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby freelander » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:06 pm

Sounds like an eventful day. I was up on Saturday for about 5lb plus. 3 reasonable carp, a wee bream and some roach. Lost a rig in a tree, didn't half put up a fight, elastic out for 14m. At least spring is approaching, looking forward to more responsive carp.

Well done guys for getting out there. :D
freelander
1lb Bream
1lb Bream

Postby JohnS » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:00 am

Perhaps Tommy should have sailed the black pig clockwise
Around the pond and through Darrins peg as well
To even the match up slightly??????
JohnS
3lb F1
3lb F1

Postby Tommy L » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 am

JohnS wrote:Perhaps Tommy should have sailed the black pig clockwise
Around the pond and through Darrins peg as well
To even the match up slightly??????

John it was bad enough sailing it through Dougie's peg as he is blaming me for his blank. Cannot think the ramifications would have been if I had sailed it through Darrin's peg. Did you not see his antics after the match about the Big Fish he hooked into that ruined his peg for the remainder of the match. All those antics played out in front of 3 fellow competitors one namely Dougie who didn't catch a fish ( Alleges two pull rounds but I never heard his whistle go ) Bill who caught a very small perch and myself who caught two small roach and talked Ronnie into giving me 4 ozs ) Darrin was so upset by that big fish that he didn't fish on as per usual. BTW John sailing the Black Pig round the bend sent me round the bend for the remainder of the match. Going clockwise I would have passed out within the boat. That would not have been very good as my family would only find out when Darrin had finished his tea and match debrief to Margaret with a casual remark BTW your Dad passed out in the boat during the fishing today, he is currently between pegs 8 and 9 if your Mum wants someone to go and get him. I hope this is not coming across as bitter about Darrin's Victory today. :bleh :bleh :bleh :bleh :bleh
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Return to Magiscroft Match Results