Winter fishing

General discussion about fishing at Magiscroft. Ask any questions and feel free to share hints 'n tips.

Winter fishing

Postby Lambchop03 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi folks,

I'm limited to fishing time and this is my first year fishing the pole. I've had good sessions with some guidance from John.

I will be heading through in the next couple of weeks and I'm wondering how peoples tactics hangs for the winter. I will probably target the deeper part of the ponds but any other guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance.
Lambchop03
1oz Gudgeon
1oz Gudgeon

Re: Winter fishing

Postby twitcher » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Give me a pm will help all i can
twitcher
3lb F1
3lb F1

Postby freelander » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Smaller hooks, smaller baits.
freelander
1lb Bream
1lb Bream

Postby Ath-an-ri » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Feed little and often get the smallest pole cup you can and a dozen micro pellets at a time is enough. And fish to the bites. Plumb up for a flat spot bottom of far shelf. And mark your spot well use shadows of trees. So the logic is feed a little drop your rig down slow over the feed and just be patient. Sick to small baits small pellets corn is good when it gets colder. If you have lots of overhanging rushes then spread out your shot and immeaditley after you feed lay your rig across the feed and look for bites on the drop. Hit any bite you get on the drop. The carp in all
the little ponds will find your bait in a couple of mins or less off most pegs. Take it from me I've fished it more than anyone, nothings changed much over the years. If you can work two swims then you'll keep bites coming throughout the day. So to that its pick your spot feed then pick another on same line say two or three metres apart. Feed also same amount. One you get a fish or some bites. Go back feed that spot and then goto the other one. Don't keep returning to same spot until you've ruled the other one out. A :sun dozen micros no more.
Ath-an-ri
1oz Gudgeon
1oz Gudgeon

Return to Magiscroft Fishing Talk